Viewing galleries from August, 2018
Jean's Duncton walk proved very popular despite the overcast day. Apples were tested along the way and the walk ended in The Cricketers in Duncton. The 19th century owner John Wisden, the cricketer who published the famous Wisden Cricketers' Almanack changed the name from The Swan after he brought the property in 1867. Many thanks to Barbara for the photos.
Pete's first long walk went very well. Walkers walked from Maybush Copse Nutbourne via Prinsted and Thornham Marina to Emswoth. A really good lunch in The Lord Raglan pub. They then returned through Prinsted and back to Nutbourne. Many thanks to Den for the information and the photos.The walk was 7.3 miles
At last the weather was a little cooler and we headed away from Lodsworth for a mixed walk led by Isabel. Uphill at first to give some splendid views of the South Downs after snacking on excellent blackberries on the way up and then also on the way to Bexleyhill. On the way back we briefly walked on the Serpent Trail before turning off to return to Lodsworth for a great lunch in The Hollist Arms. We also welcomed a guest walker, Pauline, who we hope enjoyed her morning.
The weather was kind to us with sun but not too much heat. Mary led the way from Petersfield to Ryde via the train and a Wightlink Ferry. An amble along the front with a stop for a coffee was followed by another amble to Seaview. The beaches were very busy with holidaymakers and the water near Seaview full of dinghies and yachts, most of them upright. It was a beautifully clear day and the mainland very visible. We enjoyed a very good lunch in The Old Fort Restaurant in Seaview, with views out onto Spithead. Refreshed, we returned to Ryde and the final ride home, although we did seek refreshment in the Bottega in Union Street. A splendid day out at the seaside.