The walk of five miles started in the village of North Mundham, going West towards Hunston Copse with a views of Chichester Cathedral in the distance, then on to Chichester golf course. We refrained from teeing off and in place of ending in a bunker we made our way, across footpaths and stiles to South Mundham, eventually heading northwards to Runcton, listed in the Domesday book as having 26 households (6 villagers, 5 slaves and 15 cottagers) and the population today is still not much more than 600. It is not known how many currently are slaves..... We stopped to admire much of the architecture in the village, as well as a VR postbox probably installed in the late 1800’s, passing the old Mill Pond and Runcton Mill once powered by Pagham Rife, now a residential house, across country to Post Office Lane and back to the car park before a very good lunch in the Walnut Tree Pub. Many thanks to walk leader Pauline for stepping in to do this walk and for the map. Thanks also to Isabel for photos.