Jean's walk started from a one time Temperance Hall, now a public house owned by Fullers. It was a bright and somewhat chilly morning and after heading down towards Whitmore Vale, we turned right towards Whitmore Vale Farm before climbing up to the hilll surrounding the Golden Valley. After crossing the Tilford Road we headed for the Devil's Punch Bowl and the National Trust cafe in Hindhead. It was an excellent place for our coffee stop with additional snacks available in the cafe. From there we headed towards Haslemere and crossed the Hindhead Hill road to Tyndalls Wood and Nutcombe Valley. Another climb and we were overlooking the new A3 and the road tunnel from the comfort of Miss James' Bridge. The bridge is surfaced to allow animals to use it as well as people. Miss James (1831 - 1910) was a musician and a ladies companion who inherited her employer's estate, moved to Hindhead and was instrumental in raising enough money to buy Ludshott Common for the nation, as well as paying for and donating Grayshott Church and some nearby cottages to the village. She also gave land at Bramshott Chase and Nutcombe to the National Trust. After crossing the old A3 we took a more convenient route back to a very enjoyable lunch in the Fox and Pelican . The walk was around 5 miles.